Benefits of CWM® Certification®
The Chartered Wealth Manager® (CWM®) Designation sets the global standard in the Wealth Management profession and is a symbol of excellence.
Why should you earn the CWM®?
- Higher Salaries. Earn up to 24% more than your non-certified peers.
- Increases Job Security. Validates your competency in liquidity, capital and risk management functions.
- Better Career Flexibility. Prepares you for greater on-the-job responsibilities.
- Improves Marketability. Stand out against other applicants in a tough job market.
- Boosts Credibility. Attaining the Globally Coveted Designation helps in boosting your credibility.
- Cutting Edge Skills and Knowledge: The knowledge and skills you gain on pursuing the program improves your on job performance.
The Chartered Wealth Manager® (CWM®) designation serves as a benchmark of competency in the Wealth Management & Private Banking profession and is recognized as the leading credential in corporates worldwide. Offered by the American Academy of Financial Management USA® (AAFM® USA), the CWM® credential signifies that you have demonstrated the knowledge and skills required to effectively execute critical functions related to Wealth Management, Investment Management, Estate Planning, Risk Management, Tax Planning and Trust Planning. In today’s environment, companies are looking for proven and ethical professionals. They are looking for CWM’s.
Benefits of CWM® for Organisation:
- Develops skills, knowledge and attitude of the employees.
- Increases the “ADVICE QUALITY” of the Financial Advisors.
- Demonstrates the quality of Advisors to the client.
- Helps the organisation in achieving global standards and cutting edge knowledge
Benefits to the Individual:
- Increases technical and product knowledge
- Enhances Client Management Skills
- Deepens Client Relationship and allows word of mouth publicity
- Creates Job and Career Opportunities
Plus, after earning the CWM®, you are committed to keeping your knowledge current by meeting continuing education requirements. CWMs remain relevant throughout their career.
Whether you’re looking to safeguard your career or seeking a promotion, earning the CWM® certification can open a variety of doors. The 2013 CWM Compensation Survey shows that CWMs earn more than their non-certified peers:
According to the research, financial professionals who do not have an advanced degree improve their salary potential by earning professional certifications such as the CWM®. The Chartered Wealth Manager® Professional (CWM®) designation sets the standard in the finance profession and is a symbol of excellence.
3 More Reasons Why Not Getting the CWM® Designation May Hurt You
The Fear of Being Left Behind
If you are working in the investment industry, not have the CWM® designation puts you at distinct disadvantage. There are 50,000 CWM® Charter Holders Globally. Getting the CWM® Designation Demonstrates your proficiency and skill set in the Wealth Management.
It’s Harder to Pass This Exam When You Get Older
Your “book smartness” starts to depreciate the day after graduation. The longer you wait, the harder for your brain to adjust to the study mode. Physically your body can’t stand as many late nights as before. Also, when you have a wife/husband, a kid, another on the way, a house with a mortgage, and a yard to mow every week… it’s going to be even tougher.
If you plan to take the CWM® exam sometime in your career, you should take it as soon as you can.
It’s Arguably More Cost-Effective than An MBA
Many professionals pick CWM® because they don’t want to incur the time and cost to go through an MBA . It is not exactly equivalent — but for certain career paths, CWM® is more useful than an MBA, especially if you cannot get into first-tier MBA programs.