Chartered Wealth Manager® CWM® Certification
Chartered Wealth Manager® Designation Program is the Highest Global Designation in Wealth Management, Private Banking and Wealth Advisory. Chartered Wealth Managers are revered for their skills and expertise by top Wealth Management Organizations across the Globe. Top Global Banks, Wealth Management Boutique Firms, Private Banks give preference to CWM® Designation Holders in their recruitment process.
Being a CWM® says a lot about who you are. The credential gives you the backing, the education, the colleagues, the networking system, and the power to face your clients, your partners, your employers and your competitors.
With CWM®, you’ll be part of a globally recognized family of wealth management professionals. You’ll have access to our full spectrum of resources, industry events and networking opportunities. You could also form alliance with other CWM™ from different areas to serve your international clients.
The CWM® focuses on developing relationship management, sales, communication and core financial advisory skills to equip Students, Wealth Management and Private Banking Professionals with cutting edge knowledge in Wealth Management, Private Banking, Family Office, and Financial Advisory. The CWM® Program is a Federally Copyrighted Program founded in the United States with Wall Street Sector Trademarks owned by AAFM®.
CHARTERED WEALTH Manager® (CWM®) is unique and the only Wealth Management certification in India. This certification comprehensively deals with all the aspects of Wealth Management like Investment Strategies, Life Cycle Management, Intergenerational Wealth Transfer, Relationship Management, Behavioural Finance, Alternative Products, Real Estate Valuation and Global Taxation. In the recent times, the mandatory requirement posted by the financial services industry towards the skilful and knowledgeable candidates in the field of personal financial advisory services including Wealth Management Private Banking Family Offices has made it essential for a candidate to be well versed with all the aspects of Wealth Management and Private Banking. This certification enables the candidates to meet the current skill set needed by the industry and stand out of the crowd.
This Globally coveted Designation is offered by American Academy of Financial Management USA. Which is a 17 year old Educational Board based out of Colorado Springs USA with over 3,00,000 Certificants Globally.
Benefits of Chartered Wealth Manager® CWM®
- Use of Board Certified Designations after your name on your Business Card and on your Promotional Materials.
- Global Certification in true sense and no territorial examination required.
- CWM® is awarded directly by American Academy of Financial Management, US.
- Protect your job and be recognized by an independent and global authority.
- Get the designation that illuminates your professional education, hard work and experience.
- The AAFM Credentials and Board Certifications are for those who want to rise above the rest.
- You can add AAFM to your Resume, Degree or Professional Licenses & Improve your image and salary potential.
- Publish on our site as a Certified Member.
- Be part of Large Members Network of 50,000+.
- Members in more than 100 Countries with Global AACSB Alliance.
In a world of financial services, no other profession has such a high demand for trained professionals as Wealth Managers or Private Bankers. Wealth Managers must possess excellent people oriented skills and technical skills which are easier attained if one pursues a specialized program like Chartered Wealth Manager® . Wealth Managers requires broad, yet in-depth knowledge of the financial markets-including structure, organization, efficiency, portfolio management, risk and return, and planning and construction, estate planning etc.
The CWM® Certification Program provides the broad-based knowledge professionals and students wishing to pursue a career in Wealth Management or Private Banking.
The job outlook for Wealth Advisory is expected to grow by 27 percent from 2010 to 2020. Alongside this growth is an expected increase in competition found in this job market. There are a lot of individuals who intend to pursue a career path as Wealth Managers due to the promising pay and other opportunities. Hence, people who want to stand out from the rest of the pack opt to earn a Wealth Management certification to prove that they have what it takes to be worthy of the field. A certification also strengthens one’s prospects in the company they are in and can help them climb up the employment ladder.
In this program students will learn to:
- Explore the latest advances in wealth management strategy and law.
- Expand your wealth management skills by adopting international best practices.
- Develop a checklist of key applied techniques in wealth management that will remain with you throughout your career
- Become an expert in evaluation, diagnosis and planning in working with Super High Net Worth Clients
- Integrate optimum products and services in your wealth management development strategies
- Maximize the impact of your client communications and reporting
- Appreciate the complexities of investing in global markets and develop strategies for managing risk and maximizing returns
- Interpret the effect of Global & Local Economic Environment on Financial Markets and Investments
- Forecast the impact of government economic policies on a business.
- Monitor and control corporate exposure to financial and operational risks.
- Describe and interpret the general features of fixed income securities and understand the basic operations of fixed income markets.
- Construct optimal portfolios and illustrate the theory and empirical applications of asset-pricing models.
- Characterize the implications of the market efficiency evidence on active portfolio management.
- Develop and employ theoretical valuation methods to price financial instruments including Alternative Investments.
- Apply Alternative Investment instruments in managing the risk of investing and hedging activity at the individual and the corporate level.
- Make investment policy recommendations, including the determination of an optimal asset allocation.
- Analyse and evaluate the performance of an investment manager.
- Use and develop spread-sheet based Financial Modelling solutions to financial problems
- An awareness of ethical, social and cultural issues within a global context and their importance in the exercise of professional skills and responsibilities as a Wealth Manager
CWM® Candidates get access to our proprietary Study Material which is accessible online.
- The Registration Fee includes the online access to the AAFM’s AFA Learning System™.
- Guided overviews for each module highlight key topics
- Assessments identify topics a participant already knows and those areas that require more time and attention
- More than 500 questions for continually testing knowledge and comprehension
- Features real-life case study scenarios and questions to apply your knowledge
In order to become a CWM® Designation holder and enjoy the benefits of increased CWM® salaries, candidates must pass two examinations of two hours and three hours respectively, have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution at the time of grant of certification and complete 2 levels of project work. To enrol for the program they need to be at least Intermediate (10+2). CWM® certification examination is conducted by Pearson Vue across their Examination Centres. CWM® Charter Holders are required to follow to a strict code of ethics and rules that governs both their professional and personal conduct.
Curriculum of CWM®
The Curriculum of CWM® Consist of two levels:
Level 1: Foundation Level Consisting of 9 Units.
Level 2: Advanced Level Consisting of 9 Units.
Level 1 Foundation Level
|Name of the Unit
|Overview of Global Financial System
|Concept of Wealth Management
|Life Cycle Management
|Investment Vehicles of Wealth Management
|Measuring Investment Returns
|Managing Investment Risk
|Role of Wealth Management in Banking
|Loan & Debt Management
|Intergenerational Wealth Transfer
Level 2 Advanced Level
There a Two Examinations a Candidate has to Clear to meet the Academic Requirements of CWM® Certification Program.
1 to 9
30 (1 Marks)
20 (2 Marks)
20 (4 Marks)
10 to 18
40 (1 Marks)
30 (2 Marks)
20 (5 Marks)
CWM® Certification Fees
The candidates who wish to undergo the CWM® Certification Program (the ‘Program’) have to get registered with AAFM . A candidate can register with AAFM® by filling the Online Registration Form.
Fee Table for CWM® Certification
Level 1 Examination Fees%
Level 2 Examination Fees*
Registration Renewal Fees
%Payable at the time of Registration
* Payable before appearing for Level 2 Exam after Clearing Level 1 Exam
#Payable once the candidate has passed all the required examinations and fulfilled the other criterions.
$The registration is valid for 365 days from the date of activation of registration by AAFM and the candidate is required to complete the certification within 3 Years from the date of activation of registration otherwise any completed Level shall stand nullified
^Please note that the Study Material will be available only Online in the AAFM Learning Management System and no print of the same would be provided.
All fees is paid through Pearson Vue by Logging in to your Pearson Vue Account.
Fees once Paid is non-refundable under any circumstances.
CWM® Registration Process
Go to the CWM Registration Page and Fill the Form.
On Submission of Your Details You will Receive From Pearson Vue
1. Web Account Generation Mail
2. Authorization to Test Mail
The Web Account Generation Mail will contain your Username and Password to access your account on Pearson Vue Website.
The Authorization to Test Mail will allow you to pay the Program Fees and Schedule your Examination.
On payment of Program Fees you can access the AAFM Learning Management System to Study for the CWM Certification Program.
Please go through the FAQ on CWM Registration for more Details.